News & Events
South King County Health Foundation
MultiCare’s history in South King County dates back decades, but in recent years, its presence has become more significant with the completion of the Covington Medical Center in 1993 and the acquisition of Auburn Medical Center in 2012, in addition to its clinics in Auburn, Kent, Federal Way and Maple Valley. MultiCare’s long-term commitment to serving this community will be further enhanced by the recently established South King Health Foundation.
This new foundation will work with the community to improve the health of its population and support MultiCare’s mission of providing high quality care. The volunteer board members and new Executive Director Alicia Chapman (pictured) can’t wait to get started.
Although the work of the Foundation is new to the community, it is familiar to MultiCare employees in Auburn and Covington. Staff members have had the opportunity to participate in MultiCare Gives – and they have! Thanks to the extra incentive of a challenge grant from Medical Imaging Northwest, close to $40,000 was raised to support MultiCare’s South King County patients and programs in 2014.
More about the new Foundation’s Board
• Dr. Anderson, Cascade Emergency Physicians, has practiced emergency medicine at MultiCare Auburn Medical Center for more than 25 years. He has filled many roles including Chief of Staff and Chairman of Emergency Services.
• Terry Davis is the Director of Franchising and Government Affairs for Comcast and an active community leader. The Auburn Reporter named him its Person of the Year for 2010
• Steffanie Fain is an associate with Seattle law firm Gordon and Rees LLP, and a former judicial extern at the Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent. She served as a spokesperson for Under Armour’s nationwide breast cancer awareness campaign.
• Sue Singer is deeply committed to Auburn and South King County. In 2011, King County Executive Dow Constantine declared December 19, 2011, Sue Singer Day.
• Alicia Chapman is the new Executive Director of South King Health Foundation and serves as a non-voting member of the Board. Most recently, Alicia was the Director of Special Events and Corporate Relations for the Foundations of MultiCare. Previously, she was Senior Vice President of Marketing for United Way of Pierce County.
• Sara Long is Vice President, Foundations of MultiCare. She has been instrumental in establishing MultiCare’s South King County Health Foundation and serves as a non-voting member of the Board. There are now four foundations under Sara’s leadership. Good Samaritan Foundation, Mary Bridge Children’s Foundation, MultiCare Health Foundation and South King Health Foundation support MultiCare’s hospitals, clinics and programs throughout the South Sound region.
Our Donors Help Save Lives
Several years ago, Festival of Trees guests raised the funds to purchase an ECMO machine for Mary Bridge Children's Hospital. This incredible equipment takes over when a child's heart needs to rest … or a baby's. Here is Evelyn's story:
Northwest Corks & Crush
May 17 in Puyallup
Wining, dining and a lively auction for a compelling cause: the kids who come to Good Samaritan's Childrens Therapy Unit to discover their possibilities. Learn more
Roman Meal Sound to Narrows
June 14 in Tacoma
The classic 12K run that has been a community tradition for over 40 years! The run/walk encourages family fitness and raises funds for MultiCare's Center for Healthy Living. Learn more
July 18 in Orting
Tee up for the CTU! Whack a ball; be a little wacky. This imaginative golf tournament supports kids with special needs through Good Samaritan Hospital's Children's Therapy Unit.
Alaska Airlines Courage Classic
August 2-4 around the Cascades
Snoqualmie Pass, Blewitt Pass and Stevens Pass: This not-for-wimps bicycle ride is famous for elevation and amazing food stops! Cyclists are pedaling for the kids who are served by the Child Abuse Intervention Department at Mary Bridge Children's Hospital. Learn More
Rock the Foundation
September in Tacoma (date to be announced)
Yet to be revealed: Who will be the headliner? When? Will this private rock concert go country? What MultiCare cause will it benefit? Stay tuned! Learn more
Come Walk With Me
October 4 in Sumner, Rhubarb Pie Capital of the World
Put on your pink and walk for all the women in your life. This festive 5K is all about saving "The Girls" through breast health programs at Good Samaritan Hospital. Learn more
Festival of Trees
December 4-7 at Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center
60 gorgeous trees, 40,000 volunteer hours! Several days of special events raise funds for Mary Bridge Children's Hospital and Tree House: A Place for Families. Learn more