Community Volunteer Opportunities
- BRIDGES: A Center for Grieving Children: Participate as a group facilitator in planning and leading grief support groups with children and adults. Volunteers perform no formal counseling as part of the groups but work with co-facilitators to coordinate activities. Provide activities in the gym or greet and help with group meals.
- Celebrate Seniority & Grannies' Attic Thrift Store: Volunteer in the community while building friendships with others. Assist with helmet and life jacket fitting, blood pressure screenings, Grannie’s Attic Thrift Shop, quilting and crafting groups, and clerical support of Celebrate Seniority. This program is for individuals 55 years of age and better.
- Behavioral Health: Volunteers are active in providing peer counseling to older adults and assisting with filling a number of supportive roles for administrative staff. Volunteers are scheduled during normal weekday business hours.
- Adult Day Health: The center serves physically challenged, elderly or developmentally disabled adults by assisting with support services, therapy and activities. Volunteers assist with arts & crafts, recreational activities, educational and therapy sessions, meals and light clerical duties. Volunteers are scheduled during normal business hours Monday through Friday.
- Tree House: A Place for Families: Volunteers can assist in these family apartments by answering phones, checking-in families, orienting new families to the facility, being a kitchen supervisor, re-stocking the pantry, assisting families in the Resource Room, playing with siblings in the playroom, and much more. Volunteers are scheduled seven days per week from 9am-8pm.
- Hospice: Volunteers provide support to patients and families in their home as the patient enters their final days of a terminal illness. Volunteers provide respite to caregivers or additional comfort and companionship to patients. Scheduled volunteer times vary based on the needs of families.
- Volunteers Do Sew Much More: We invite you to be a part of MultiCare’s Volunteer Team, and to share your talent of sewing, knitting, and crocheting to create unique items for our patients in the hospital and community. Your gift will be greatly cherished by the recipient! Click here to complete an online application.